recent posts
[ b / iq / g / zoo ] [ e / news / lab ] [ v / nom / pol / eco / emo / 101 / shed ]
[ art / A / beat / boo / com / fat / job / lit / map / mph / poof / £$€¥ / spo / uhu / uni / x / y ] [ * | sfw | o ]
Subject   (new thread)
Message
File  []
close
IMG_20210512_151342.jpg
293729372937
>> No. 2937 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 3:15 pm
/eco/2937 spacer
There were dozens of seedlings in pots being given away at the park the other week so I took this one home with me. What have I got? I haven't a clue where to even start to identify them. Cheers lads.

whiteline

11181300-6826317-image-a-62_1553001714817.jpg
627416274162741
>> No. 62741 R4GE
19th March 2019
Tuesday 3:21 pm
/iq/62741 spacer
Vorderman from the front.
580 posts and 216 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 68738 Auntiefucker
6th May 2021
Thursday 2:56 pm
68738 spacer
>>68734

IS YOUR MUM ON INSTAGRAM?
>> No. 68739 Billbob
6th May 2021
Thursday 5:23 pm
68739 spacer
>>68737
Pimp her out on onlyfans.
>> No. 68740 Crabkiller
6th May 2021
Thursday 5:32 pm
68740 spacer
>>68739
I'd subscribe to onlymams.
>> No. 68756 Paedofag
10th May 2021
Monday 1:40 pm
68756 spacer

E04xMMpWEAE_reb.jpg
687566875668756
Vintage vorders.
>> No. 68763 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:28 pm
68763 spacer
>>68756
Interesting how she gone from dressing like a back bench MP's wife to now

whiteline

5442.jpg
441558441558441558
>> No. 441558 Anonymous
11th January 2021
Monday 8:46 pm
/b/441558 spacer
New midweek thread: chip butty edition.

Is it even midweek? The days have all blurred into one and lost all sense of meaning.
591 posts and 42 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 443681 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:08 pm
443681 spacer
>>443679
Should I get one of these or a bike? Seen them around for £150 ish foldable, and it'd just be for exercise while watching telly. Would you say it's worth it?
>> No. 443682 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:37 pm
443682 spacer
>>443681
A bike would be more ideal if you want to watch the telly due to the range of movements. With rowing you'd be craning your neck to look up. A rowing machine would give you a better work out though.
The rowing machine I had lasted me just under a year and while I could probably fix it I've decided to just buy another one due to the wear and tear it's endured. It started off quiet enough but soon started creaking. The pull strap snapped (it started fraying soon after I started using it) and the fly wheel seems to have packed up with it.

I bought it due to the weight limit it had. At the time I bought it I was 130kg and now I'm 96kg thanks to it so I can go for a model which has a lower weight limit and continue to burn more fat.
>> No. 443683 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:42 pm
443683 spacer
>>443681
If you get a bike then you can use it as transport while also rowing with car drivers.
>> No. 443684 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:50 pm
443684 spacer
>>443683
Can you get rowing machines that act as transport on road? Like those bikes you lay down in, but for rowing and not cycling.
>> No. 443685 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:26 pm
443685 spacer

Eli_looking_cool_on_rowing_bike_17022008.jpg
443685443685443685
>>443684

Yes you can, there are actually rowing bicycles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_cycle


>Eli_looking_cool_on_rowing_bike_17022008.jpg

I'd let Eli row my bike anytime IYKWIM.


whiteline

EuCdG7VXMAEbuhg.jpg
922829228292282
>> No. 92282 Anonymous
12th February 2021
Friday 8:11 pm
/pol/92282 spacer
Perhaps the problem with Labour wasn't actually Jeremy Corbyn?
478 posts and 66 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 93626 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:58 pm
93626 spacer
>>93625
>ID to be made freely available
No it isn't, in fact Boris has voted against it 12 times.

>ID already extremely widespread.
No it isn't.

>Not a significant hindrance in any capacity.
Estimates are of 2 million people who'll be unable to vote.
>> No. 93627 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:11 pm
93627 spacer
>>93626
Yes it is, it's part of the Queens Speech yesterday.

Yes it is, 93+% of the population has some form of acceptable ID currently. This obviously does not include those who would apply for and receive the new free one. Current pilots, from non-hevaily advertised local schemes, have recorded between 0.03 and 0.7% rejection rate. This is not disenfranchisement, it's 'come back later'. I turned away someone on Thursday because they couldn't provide me with enough information to tell me where they lived. It is not unreasonable to have to show you are who you say you are - it's a normal pert of civic life by and large, elections are an unusual exception.

No, they would be perfectly able to vote if they bothered getting an ID. This is not significant, any more than not having someone come to your house to pick up your ballot is, and expecting people to get off their arsed and walk to a polling station.

Only Brits could look on something like this and be so up our own arse about it. British exceptional ism indeed. We're a nation of whiny children.
>> No. 93628 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:17 pm
93628 spacer
>>93627

It's absolutely significant, turning around and saying "they're just lazy" is naive beyond belief.

"I'm against it in principle but in action all I'm going to do is to whine about other people who are more actively against it" who are you trying to convince here? Us or yourself?
>> No. 93629 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:17 pm
93629 spacer
>>93627
Tried to fix the typos but for some reason it wouldn't let me delete my own post, only report it. Oh well.

Addition: I don't give a toss about how many times Boris has voted against some form of ID (not that this is 'some form' it is 'this form for this purpose'). I can make a judgement about Boris Johnson and quite seperately to making a judgement about the rights, wrongs and drawbacks of voter ID. Again, I'm against it, but the reaction is laughable. I find how nobody gives a toss that it's standard in NI, in our own country, to be telling.
>> No. 93630 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:25 pm
93630 spacer
>>93628
I didn't say 'they're just lazy', I said it's not unreasonable, and it isn't.

I'm not trying to convince anyone (why would I, we're both against it) , the internet isn't some canvassing platform for me like it seems to be for everyone else to shout about the latest trendy thing to herald as the beginnings of fascism. It's just tiring having to wade through them all.

It is possible to respond to something in between support and fanatical opposition you know.

whiteline

Anger.jpg
575857585758
>> No. 5758 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:09 am
/fat/5758 Anger Management
Anyone know of any decent yoga videos or things of that nature to deal with stress/anger?

I need to cut down on anger because I've been grinding my teeth. My dentist recommended yoga as a solution but all the instructed courses I see are a bit fruity which makes it hard to take seriously (I'm a bit of a prick you see). It's odd because most people think I'm incredibly chill but my calm has always been maintained by short sharp bursts of explosive anger at minor annoyances.
Expand all images.
>> No. 5760 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:15 am
5760 spacer
I'd recommend Yoga With Adrienne on YouTube. She doesn't go too heavy on the spirituality side of yoga besides ending everything with a deep breath and a "namaste", but keeps it more about the body and even her easy videos are fairly challenging without being offputtingly so. She also does a good job of organising her videos on her YouTube channel into playlists by mood and length, so you can probably find something to start with.
>> No. 5761 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 9:28 am
5761 spacer
I can vouch for Adrienne too - my partner works out with her every day (though I don't join her despite her urging). As above she doesn't talk about auras or chakras or any other bullshit, just limits it to "feeling good vibes as you stretch" and that sort of stuff, which would probably actually be good for you if you're doing this for anger management.
>> No. 5762 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:10 pm
5762 spacer
Aye same lad. Toothgrinding for me is when I'm 'generally' stressed, or more prone to getting worked up. In those terms I think yoga and meditation/breathing exercises will do you a lot of good from the internal side, and external to that you should benefit from setting and achieving 'life goals' or whatever, so you feel generally happier and more in control.

Also Yoga with Adrienne, my partner likes her, she's quite chill.

And maybe a punching bag.

whiteline

maxresdefault.jpg
131921319213192
>> No. 13192 Anonymous
22nd January 2020
Wednesday 5:53 pm
/nom/13192 spacer
This is going to be our food review thread.
497 posts and 129 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 14348 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 5:21 pm
14348 spacer
>>14346
>It's not an oxymoron unless you think 'Vegan' means 'good', and it most assuredly doesn't


I wouldn't say good, but certainly puritain which to me is enough to qualify.
>> No. 14349 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 5:35 pm
14349 spacer
>>14347
Well, I've learned something today, thank you.
>> No. 14350 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 12:29 pm
14350 spacer

vu29s2fjjpezsosxjxjm.jpg
143501435014350
These were quite nice. I'd have these over the likes of your Ginsters cheese and onion pasties.
>> No. 14351 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 12:36 pm
14351 spacer

paper-plate-crown-k4craft-crafts-2.jpg
143511435114351
>>14350

I assume it looks more appetising when cooked?
>> No. 14352 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:08 pm
14352 spacer
>>14350
That's a paper plate.

whiteline

1551279889261 (1).jpg
687586875868758
>> No. 68758 Crabkiller
11th May 2021
Tuesday 11:11 pm
/iq/68758 spacer
pull up to my Barratt new build home with my 25 year fixed rate mortage in my grey Audi A3 on finance after a hard days work as deputy assistant head of sales targeting

open the boot and take out my River Island and Superdry bags with the new gear I bought on the way home from work

open the door

yell hello to my wife of 2-years in the kitchen as she is already home from her work as a Team Leader in a call centre

sit down on my leather sofa bought on sale at Sofology (haha I love those adverts, what is that sloth like haha, love sloths me)

put up my feet on the IKEA table

whap on the telly and tune in just in time to see Bradders going through the rules of the final chase with the contestants who made it through before they face Anne Hegarty

perfect timing as my wife comes in with the dinner, another one of Jamie Oliver's cracking 30 minute meals
Message too long. Click here to view the full text.
Expand all images.
>> No. 68759 Crabkiller
12th May 2021
Wednesday 12:02 am
68759 spacer
>SEND A CHEEKY SNAP TO SMITHSTER AND DEANO
Is he sending it to himself, or are they both called Deano? Wouldn't Smithster get confused knowing two Deanos? Surely they would at least need to distinguish themselves with adjectives. Fat Deano and Gay Deano, for example.
>> No. 68760 Ambulancelad
12th May 2021
Wednesday 2:10 am
68760 spacer
Nonsense, millennial girls don't make you dinner, even from a Jamie Oliver recipe.

God why did I dump the only one that could cook, what was I thinking.
>> No. 68761 Are Moaty
12th May 2021
Wednesday 12:07 pm
68761 spacer
>>68758
This is copypasta straight from brit/pol/.
>> No. 68762 Billbob
12th May 2021
Wednesday 1:03 pm
68762 spacer
>>68761

No shit.

whiteline

GettyImages-807201430-5970edd3c4124400110d36b6.jpg
876087608760
>> No. 8760 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 10:20 am
/£$€¥/8760 spacer
After expressing a general interest in markets and trading, i was reccomended Apiaryfund & The5ers as risk free funds that teach the basics of FOREX trading before offering you the chance to trade on their behalf.

The first, Apiaryfund, seem very susicious in that it's expensive training program revolves round gaining 'experience points', some of the requirements for which include posting on the community forum, making numerous orders per level and i suspect inviting new members to the program. It reeks of Pyramid/MLM, whereby the system generates low quality market orders for the higher level members to exploit (i don't know if it actually works like that) - they apparently have organised trading sessions where they all do it together.

The second, The5ers I'm losing energy to bother delving into. Though a third of the team is involved in socialnetworking and search engine optimisation, making me think training-customers are a larger part of their business plan than trading profits.

Perhaps i'm cynical - it just feels like unless you know what you're doing, most of the prospective 'traders' will fail to meet the requirements for funding thus lose the value they invested in training.

Does anyone have experience getting into this sort of thing as an interested newbie?
Beyond the obvious "Don't invest what you can't afford to lose", how trade??

https://apiaryfund.com/about/[/spoiler]
https://the5ers.com/about-the5ers/[/spoiler]
Expand all images.
>> No. 8761 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 10:34 am
8761 spacer
I think I recall there's an Economics Explained video that goes into this. He has a couple of blind spots on certain subjects but does a good job explaining the theory behind most things.

The gist of what I remember is you were pretty much right that it has a bit in common with MLM type stuff, but the reason it works as a market is because currency is an inherently valuable thing in its own right. There's no reason to be the one proverbially left holding the ball when the music stops, because the music will never stop.

Contrast that with crypto, in which it's only valuable as an investment to ultimately exchange back into money- If everyone wanted to cash out, it'd instantly become worthless, because there'd be nobody to sell it to (because it's not a good investment (because there's nobody buying it (because it's not a good investment (because there's nobody to sell it to (because...))))) You get the point.
>> No. 8762 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 10:39 am
8762 spacer
>FOREX trading

On the one hand FOREX is a total mugs game and you're obviously dealing with a scam. On the other, you can't even capitalise 'i' so I'd rather you lose your money.
>> No. 8763 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 11:26 am
8763 spacer
>>8762
Didn't we already have a thread on FOREX? Oh here it is. >>/news/21381
>> No. 8764 Anonymous
12th May 2021
Wednesday 12:01 am
8764 spacer
>>8760
>training-customers are a larger part of their business plan than trading profits

This. Anyone I know that has come up with a sure-fire system to work any markets keeps it to themselves; you have to wonder why all these companies are so into the training angle.

whiteline

Main_Office_O.jpg
179517951795
>> No. 1795 Anonymous
27th May 2011
Friday 6:32 pm
/job/1795 spacer
ITT: Workplace annoyances.

I'll get the ball rolling - having to bring in pastries on your birthday. I know it's cheaper if people bring their own in on their birthday instead of chipping in every time someone in the office has a birthday, but it's still fucking annoying having to fork out on your birthday.
3599 posts and 123 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 13808 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 6:01 pm
13808 spacer
>>13807

My office. Now.
>> No. 13809 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 8:06 pm
13809 spacer
My Teams notifications are still going off. I get that they don't expect me to answer until the morning but this feels like asking someone to do a task on a Friday afternoon that's not due until Wednesday.

This problem never existed in the beforetime as far as I can remember.
>> No. 13810 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 9:31 pm
13810 spacer
>>13809
Need to separate your devices.
>> No. 13811 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 12:04 am
13811 spacer
>>13810
I do, I'm just saying that I can hear it booping.
>> No. 13812 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 1:49 pm
13812 spacer
>>13811
Well put it in deboop mode

whiteline

tintin - bf.png
215052150521505
>> No. 21505 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 11:11 pm
/com/21505 Tintin - Breaking Free

85 posts and 85 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 21591 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 11:15 pm
21591 spacer

break0085.jpg
215912159121591

>> No. 21592 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 11:15 pm
21592 spacer

break0086.jpg
215922159221592

>> No. 21593 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 12:38 am
21593 spacer

Araneus Diadematus.png
215932159321593
You had me excited for a second then because I fucking love Tintin. Only no, it's just some edgy rip-off.
>> No. 21594 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 12:44 am
21594 spacer
Who made this edgy Tintin? Is it one of the cartoonists for Viz? The drawing style looks familiar.
>> No. 21595 Anonymous
11th May 2021
Tuesday 1:05 am
21595 spacer
I actually own a copy of this. It's a classic piece of UK anarchist literature. I'm not saying it's great because of that, but it is interesting.

whiteline

ossett.jpg
926079260792607
>> No. 92607 Anonymous
23rd March 2021
Tuesday 3:26 pm
/pol/92607 spacer
You know it's local election time when councillors you've never heard of start creeping out of the woodwork again.
215 posts and 32 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 93589 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 6:57 pm
93589 spacer
>>93587
This one makes me feel a bit bad for him honestly. I don't get the impression he's particular anti-semitic (especially by conspiracy nutter standards), and "My wife of 22 years was literally Jewish" is a reasonably good defense against the charge of being prejudiced, but he's gone and ruined it by calling her a Jewess like we're still in the days where Lloyd George was Prime Minister.
I mean I suppose if you want to insist, the leaflet was insensitive and such insensitivity could be considered to be "anti-semitism", but that gets into a bit of a motte and bailey kind of situation where you're use language that makes people think "Nutter going around saying the Jews are responsible for everything horrible in the world" when you really mean "Not sufficiently considerate of how the industrialised genocide of Jewish people is far too sensitive a matter to compare to any other form of political authoritarianism".
That all said, "One of whom was a superb worker" is a bizarre comment. I'm not aware of any stereotype of Jewish people being worse workers, either in business (isn't it the opposite?) or in weather prediction.
>> No. 93590 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 7:23 pm
93590 spacer
>>93589
>That all said, "One of whom was a superb worker" is a bizarre comment. I'm not aware of any stereotype of Jewish people being worse workers, either in business (isn't it the opposite?) or in weather prediction.

He might get frostbite on his bellend if he doesn't have a turtleneck.
>> No. 93592 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 8:12 pm
93592 spacer
>>93589

https://www.thejc.com/comment/opinion/the-use-of-the-word-jewess-is-a-psychological-tell-1.511773
>> No. 93600 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 10:01 pm
93600 spacer
>>93592
I appreciate this will look like simple ad-hominem instead of a serious question but: isn't David Aaronovitch a wanker?
I really ought to know my British journalists better, but I don't. So I'm stuck with his Wikipedia page which has a lot of the hallmarks of a wanker - NUS, Pro-Iraq War, Anti-Snowden leaks, etc. But he's also apparently pro-chucking milkshake at wankers, so maybe he's mellowed out and is perfectly trustworthy in 2021.

This is important, because my interpretation of the article rather rests on him not being a wanker, it basically being him going "Well I've never heard anyone use that word so I think that's a psychological tell" - well very good, but should I trust what you think?
>> No. 93606 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 10:43 pm
93606 spacer
>>93600
He is a wanker. At least in my opinion. However, whilst I don't take anything Piers Corbyn says seriously, both because he's called "Piers" and all he does is talk shite, "Jewess" is very antiquated term at best. It's not quite as bad as "coloured", but it's a strange term to use, especially for someone to be throwing about. I think Piers Corbyn is a man best ignored anyway, he has very little reach as is and if it weren't for his more famous brother I doubt we'd ever have heard of the man.

whiteline

>> No. 68743 Anonymous
7th May 2021
Friday 9:11 pm
/iq/68743 spacer
I bummed a fox and I liked it. I sucked on his cherry chapstick
4 posts and 2 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 68749 YubYub
9th May 2021
Sunday 3:31 pm
68749 spacer
>>68748
Why did they put so much effort into making a cartoon lioness genuinely sexy? #notfurlad
>> No. 68750 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 7:27 pm
68750 spacer
>>68749
We've had this conversation a few times and it always seems to be on /iq/. I think Disney probably invented furries.
>> No. 68751 Are Moaty
9th May 2021
Sunday 7:33 pm
68751 spacer

chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-29923844-720-540.png
687516875168751
>>68750
I'm not comfortable discussing Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers on the human-women board. It feels like a step too far.
>> No. 68752 Samefag
9th May 2021
Sunday 9:25 pm
68752 spacer
>>68743
He probably needed a bit of TLC after polling below that YouTuber, you did a good thing.
>> No. 68757 Billbob
10th May 2021
Monday 7:28 pm
68757 spacer
>>68752
Poor fella even finished behind the Lib Dems.

whiteline

_77623460_breaking_image_large-3.png
943094309430
>> No. 9430 Anonymous
26th January 2016
Tuesday 10:09 pm
/news/9430 spacer
Huddersfield charity shop finally says goodbye to a shutter which lasted 26 years


http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/huddersfield-charity-shop-finally-says-10780879

That's it. That's literally it. A charity shop has replaced one of its roller shutters after having the same one for 26 years. It's all go in Huddersfield.

I challenge you lads to find a more pointless news story than this.
1610 posts and 233 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 33551 Anonymous
8th May 2021
Saturday 2:04 pm
33551 spacer
>>33543
Sheffield or Nottingham for me.
>> No. 33552 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 12:52 am
33552 spacer
>>33549

>they all are so it could have been Bristol Temple Meads

Overhead lines? On the South Wales Main Line? Do you really think those Welsh wouldn't tear the lighting sticks down as witchcraft? The only reason they even upgraded to diesel is that the when the locals saw rocks glowing with mans red flower, they would scream and beat the engine with sticks.
>> No. 33553 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 4:54 pm
33553 spacer
>>33552
>Damage to overhead electric wires above the railway line has blocked lanes between Cardiff and Newport.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/trains-disruption-cardiff-newport-london-20564152

What sorcery is this, lad?
>> No. 33554 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 4:56 pm
33554 spacer
>>33553

Exactly what he said would happen.
>> No. 33555 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 5:31 pm
33555 spacer
>>33552>>33553>>33554
This series of posts made me laugh until my face hurt.

whiteline

>> No. 11742 Anonymous
3rd May 2019
Friday 6:12 pm
/beat/11742 What you feeling right now? Part V: Bach it up
Time for a new thread.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjXsc0UjdQ
597 posts and 14 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 12813 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 3:58 pm
12813 spacer


I bet I won't worry half as much about getting older in my 40s and 50s as I do now in my 30s.
>> No. 12814 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 1:13 am
12814 spacer

Did you forget how old you are?
>> No. 12815 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 5:05 pm
12815 spacer
>>12814
I can't relate to this, all the toilets had speakers in them. I'm not quite sure about whether this is bathroom, it sounds more like being far away from an open festival rather than in a small echoey room next door to the speakers.

Maybe some snorting sounds would liven it up.
>> No. 12816 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 5:07 pm
12816 spacer
>>12815


>> No. 12817 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 5:08 pm
12817 spacer
>>12816

They're far too slow and weak, he's just going to end up with horrible drip.

whiteline

950b2877ac2dd05579573106a1b4c4b9.jpg
934979349793497
>> No. 93497 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 12:06 am
/pol/93497 spacer
>Scottish election 2021: Nicola Sturgeon celebrates 'historic' SNP election win
>Nicola Sturgeon has hailed the SNP's "historic and extraordinary" fourth consecutive victory in the Scottish Parliament election. With all the results in, the SNP has finished on 64 seats - one short of a majority but one more than it won in 2016.
>With all seats now declared the SNP has won 64, the Conservatives 31, Labour 22, the Scottish Greens eight and Liberal Democrats four.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-57038039

Who here is excited to have another referendum and bitter multi-year divorce process on the cards?
13 posts omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 93540 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 4:22 pm
93540 spacer
>>93537
>O'Canada...

I see I'm not the only one getting those ads to move to Nova Scotia. It did give me a smile that they're trying to recruit people in Britain with greater French fluency requirements than English. Maybe they just don't understand the state of language skills in this country.
>> No. 93567 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 3:08 am
93567 spacer
>>93537
>how bad Scottish political culture is, built up around a small clique of middle class policy wonks, civil society goons, career climbers, opportunistic journalists running some of the worst press outfits in the first world, and so on.

You learned from the best. Well, still are part of the best. My partner is in the Civil Service and says that Scots are overrepresented - many say they prefer it down here simply because there's more scope for career progression.
>> No. 93576 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 12:02 pm
93576 spacer
>>93567
Not a lot of people realise that it's a choice between Whitehall and heroin for people up here.
>> No. 93581 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 2:37 pm
93581 spacer
>>93567
I'm not sure if I really see it in terms of representation, at least not these days. The thing about Scotland is you have both Scottish and UK Government offices to work in which is no doubt going to be a growth industry in the near future. Career progression is probably right but only looking at Director level on where you don't want to be Holly.

The civil service shouldn't have any connection with the SNP, the fuck is going on up there?
>> No. 93585 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 3:25 pm
93585 spacer
>>93581
Same shit that happened in the Japanese civil service. All the old families insinuated themselves into it and turned into a family business and the SNP are their current pet party.

It's why Scottish Labour hates the SNP so much for usurping them as the party of the status quo in Scotland, it used to be them god damn it and they're still salty about it.

whiteline

1018.jpg
285712857128571
>> No. 28571 Anonymous
17th May 2019
Friday 1:05 am
/101/28571 Minor Rants and Piss-Offs, Mark VIII
It appears largethreadmodlad has also locked the previous iteration of this thread; Mark VIII it is, then.

I take perfect care of my nails. I don't bite them, I cut in the standard flat formation every 3-5 days, and scrub under them in the shower. So why the actual fuck are my cuticles bleeding? Putting the plaster over to catch the blood means I can't play my bass properly, and that pisses me off.
2850 posts and 232 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 31791 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 12:39 am
31791 spacer
>>31790
Why is that annoying?
>> No. 31792 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 1:03 am
31792 spacer
>>31791
You ever been sexually frustrated by citrus fruit?
>> No. 31793 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 1:36 am
31793 spacer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlDbP4tdqc

I'd happily pay for streaming services if they made anything new worth watching. I consider myself fortunate if there's only one or two shows worth watching per year (currently for me they are The Expanse and Better Call Saul).
>> No. 31794 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 1:37 pm
31794 spacer

Screenshot_20210510-134710_Firefox.jpg
317943179431794
>>31793

Brian has other ideas about the only thing worth watching and I agree
>> No. 31795 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 2:02 pm
31795 spacer
>>31793
For people like me it's been worth going down the home server route, and whilst mine is literally just a bunch of 3TB HDDs, it's nice having my own TV channels. Had someone comment the other day that they could tell I "wasn't on netflix as it was doing different shows". That's because I have a dozen or so playlists of various 'themes' which I can whack on and off, and it feels lovely.

I haven't even got started with Plex or any of the other home media centres, I can only imagine they'd add to my experience.

whiteline

CM-COMPOSITE-ALICE-CUTTER.jpg
627546275462754
>> No. 62754 Ambulancelad
20th March 2019
Wednesday 10:47 pm
/iq/62754 spacer
>A neo-Nazi terror suspect entered a "Miss Hitler" beauty contest in a bid to attract new members to a far-right extremist group, a court has heard. Alice Cutter is alleged to have won the competition organised by National Action after taking on the nickname Buchenwald Princess in reference to the Nazi death camp.

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/crime/halifax-neo-nazi-terror-suspect-won-miss-hitler-beauty-contest-court-told-1-9662061

To be fair, I'd have voted for her. I'd preserve the future of the white race with her, IYKWIM.
260 posts and 68 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 68741 Are Moaty
6th May 2021
Thursday 6:10 pm
68741 spacer
>>68731
U wot m8?
>> No. 68742 R4GE
6th May 2021
Thursday 6:32 pm
68742 spacer
>>68731

Why are you calling someone a cigarette?
>> No. 68753 Searchfag
10th May 2021
Monday 1:36 pm
68753 spacer
Surely they must have charged her by now?
>> No. 68754 Auntiefucker
10th May 2021
Monday 1:37 pm
68754 spacer
>>68753
She was sentenced in June 2020.
>> No. 68755 Ambulancelad
10th May 2021
Monday 1:39 pm
68755 spacer
>>68754
Not are Alice. The potential far-right fitty from Keighley.

whiteline

bozzed.jpg
904369043690436
>> No. 90436 Anonymous
25th August 2020
Tuesday 2:30 pm
/pol/90436 spacer
Rishi Sunak is going to be Prime Minister next year and it's going to be fucking awesome.
208 posts and 33 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 93538 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 4:03 pm
93538 spacer
>>93532
>Surely it has been established that appealing to Twitter extremists is not the way to win an election?
Not really, that appears to still be highly contentious. Going by https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1391394432319164418 Corbyn was totally irrelevant to the decisions and the only people whose dislike of him really mattered was the people in the party itself who self-sabotaged because of it.
Honestly it's quite funny watching you all run around trying to make it still his fault that the party's doing worse now. "It must be that the voters lost faith in the party for making him leader to begin with and we need to win them back". No, obviously not. The fact that Johnson is in power now demonstrates the personal merits of the leader are pretty fucking irrelevant.
>> No. 93542 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 5:25 pm
93542 spacer
>>93538
>you all
I can't speak for the whole country, but I'm the person you replied to. Obviously coronavirus was largely unforeseeable, but it changed the landscape in such a way that if Jeremy Corbyn was still around, he'd do amazingly. That was my point. Everything being done now, he could have stood there and said, "This is exactly what I told you needed to be done!" I'm sure he'd still get it wrong somehow, getting Meghan Markle to design him a brand-new IRA balaclava or something, but it would have been an absolute open goal. I bet Labour are furious they got rid of him when they did, instead of either one year later or one year earlier.
>> No. 93543 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 5:28 pm
93543 spacer
>>93542
He is technically still around, all his diehard fans are obsessing about him over on you guessed it.
>> No. 93546 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 5:54 pm
93546 spacer
There's a fun line in The Times article about Dodds and Rayner being thrown under the bus.
>One shadow minister said things were “worse than they were under Corbyn”, whose staff at least followed the template of top-down trade union politics

I say this not to contribute to the ongoing continuation of the argument over how much Corbyn should be blamed for the strange death of Labour England, but because I always find it interesting how important (yet underrated) logistics, having a template, etc seems to be in politics. All that stuff is behind the scenes, so it's not surprising it would be neglected by people who're inexperienced and mismanaged by people from the last Labour government. Asking Peter Mandelson to run your spin operations in 2021 is a bit like calling in a guy who once knew how to do a half arsed job soldering broken ZX Spectrums and asking him to unbrick your iPhone 12.
>> No. 93569 Anonymous
10th May 2021
Monday 8:53 am
93569 spacer
>>93530

I'm keeping a keen eye on Sultana's career, precisely because she's so young.

She's from the generation that has used shit like Twitter and Facebook their entire lives, so the minute she gets near a sniff of power she's either going to be unpersoned in a media frenzy over a meme she posted while she was still at uni, or she's going to make a peculiar turn away from class-based left wing politics because some shadowy higher authority is blackmailing her over said meme she posted in 2012.

>she's BAME

I think the electorate can stomach a darkie, and possibly a woman too, but not both at the same time; and certainly not given the precise nature of Labour's present unpopularity. It's the last thing Labour needs to try get virtue signal votes.

whiteline

bdc blue logo png.jpg
443472443472443472
>> No. 443472 Anonymous
24th April 2021
Saturday 7:58 pm
/b/443472 New Weekend Thread
Alright lads, how's it going?
49 posts and 3 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 443661 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 1:46 pm
443661 spacer
I went for a walk along the canal this morning. There was a man, I guess he was in his mid-forties, who had what I can only describe as techno-panpipe music blasting out of his rucksack.
>> No. 443662 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 3:04 pm
443662 spacer
>>443661
Did you do the necessary? Did anyone see?
>> No. 443663 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 3:17 pm
443663 spacer
>>443661
Was it better or worse than techno bagpipes?

>> No. 443664 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 4:55 pm
443664 spacer
>>443662
The successful canal push requires darkness and either fast moving water or an inebriated victim. I had none of these.

>>443663
Probably better but still awful.
>> No. 443665 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 5:19 pm
443665 spacer
>>443661
Maybe so goa trance or some the like.

whiteline

34a7d0ca56e5a2aa67d6b048a6bf00fb.jpg
133661336613366
>> No. 13366 Anonymous
30th May 2020
Saturday 3:04 pm
/nom/13366 spacer
Overall, what's your favourite fruit? I have a couple of oranges in the evening with a nice cup of redbush which I find pairs nicely. The sugar content is a little high but they seem durable and hassle free.

Just fishing for some ideas for variation.
43 posts and 6 images omitted. Expand all images.
>> No. 13530 Anonymous
18th July 2020
Saturday 1:59 pm
13530 spacer
>>13529

How are you making your black garlic?
>> No. 13531 Anonymous
18th July 2020
Saturday 6:40 pm
13531 spacer
>>13530

Wrap it in clingfilm, wrap that in foil, bung it in a dehydrator on low for six weeks. Doing it in big batches is the only thing that makes sense else you're running a mostly empty machine. I don't know if I'd do it again.
>> No. 13575 Anonymous
1st August 2020
Saturday 5:34 pm
13575 spacer
Does fruit sugar count as carbhydrates, and will eating it interfere with this ketogenesis thing i keep hearing about?
>> No. 13577 Anonymous
1st August 2020
Saturday 6:06 pm
13577 spacer
>>13575
Yes.
Yes and no.

The sugar is fruit is bad but there's not a lot of it and the fibre in natural fruit slows digestion down, so a small amount of fruit does raise your blood sugar but less than a glass of orange juice for instance.
>> No. 14343 Anonymous
9th May 2021
Sunday 4:49 pm
14343 spacer
Fine, I'll be the one to say it: those nadorcott oranges from Morocco are a bit shit. You might like 'em if you're fond of clementine but I'm not that sort of guy and the combination of excessive pith and seeds frankly annoys me.

As someone who really likes oranges, I feel like I'm the true victim of Brexit. When I can elbow my way through the morons gawping at the fruit isle I might get some blood oranges but beyond that my choices are limited. Sure there are other fruits but non as versatile as an orange.

whiteline

Previous [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]